COVID-19 Protocol FAQ for 2021
The Gallery Winds are committed to the safety and health of our students. Please note that while the COVID-19 situation is continuously changing, we will adapt to health guidelines at the time of camp. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have! While our camp may look a little different this year, we believe that these changes will allow us to safely hold an in-person camp:
- There will only be one week of camp with a limited number of students this year.
- There will be no evening performance at the end of the week – the performance will take place during the afternoon on the final day of camp.
- There will be no live in-person audience for the final performance – the performance will be recorded, uploaded as an unlisted YouTube video, and the links will be sent to all families. We will set up a “premiere” of the video, so all students and families can watch together at the same time. You can even chat! The video will remain available after the premiere.
- All staff will be fully vaccinated.
- All students will either be fully vaccinated or will be required to present proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
- In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, there will be small ensembles only – there will be no large ensemble this year.
- In order to reduce risk of exposure, there will be no guest clinicians or performers this year.
- There will be temperature screenings each morning before entering the building.
- Masks must be worn at all times, unless eating, drinking or playing.
- Social distancing rules must be followed at all times.
- Small ensembles will each be assigned a large classroom for the entire week, with no more than 7 people in each room at any time.
- Instrument masks and/or covers may be required, based upon current scientific guidance, student vaccination numbers, and student/family comfort levels.
- The always popular snack table will sadly be missing from this year’s camp. We ask that all students bring their own snacks and lunch for breaks throughout the day.
- Water fountains will be off limits – please bring enough water to get you through the day!